(You can read how we got into this whole Cystic Fibrosis mess here, here, here, and here.)
As you can tell, we were not wanting to go through all of that again with baby #2, so now that I had that whole experience under my belt, I didn't opt out of the testing at the beginning of this pregnancy. When I went to get my initial prenatal bloodwork done, they added the Cystic Fibrosis marker test (which by the way, did you know that the simple screen for common genes is $650 for one vial of blood?? holy cow!) so that we can finally figure out if both John and I have the gene or if just one of us does. About a week after that test, the doctor called and said I had the gene so John needed to be tested. Well, that solved one mystery! So John went (and complained the whole time!) to get one measly vial of blood drawn. Well, that was 2 weeks ago and we haven't heard anything so I am assuming no news = good news!
Phew! Now we know if this baby tests positive for the gene we will not have to get additional testing! What a relief because that was an awful, awful 3-4 months.
Here's hoping for a healthy remainder of my pregnancy and a healthy baby at the end!
Highlights from April
4 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment