So this week has been a very frustrating one for me. Insurance was giving me the run around on the blood test for Kiley, but we finally got their decision this morning. They will not pay for her to get tested. I was so upset! I was standing outside the doctor's office talking to the lady and then I went into the room where John and Kiley were waiting for the doctor and just burst into tears! Apparently, since the test she had before wasn't positive (but it also wasn't negative!) and because she isn't having any symptoms (even though 6 week old babies don't exhibit any symptoms!), the test is considered an experimental procedure. Such crap. But the doctor made me feel better and he said that he really thinks she is ok and he doesn't have any red flags for her. So we will put the test on hold for now and keep an eye on her and if she starts to show any signs of Cystic Fibrosis then we can get the test done. He said to let him worry about her because he is her doctor. Of course, I am still going to worry, but I am going to try to put it on the back burner for now.
In good news, Kiley gained 11 ounces in a week and now weighs 8 lbs 13 oz! That is really good news because one of the red flags for Cystic Fibrosis is not growing well, so obviously she is! This weekend should be a good one, my parents and sister are coming into town for Kiley's blessing on Sunday. Hopefully I can just forget about all of this and enjoy my weekend!
Highlights from April
4 years ago



3 comments:
I am sure she will be fine! Stupid insurance...ugh
Hey! We wanted to come this weekend but Jake's shift changed and now he is working on Sundays (for the next month anyways). Did you know that I am a carrier for CF?? Neither of my kids have it but one thing to keep in mind; when Jane was born the Dr. told us that they can't tell for sure until the child is older... He wouldn't even consider testing Jane until she was at least a year old. I'm sure Kiley is fine though. She looks healthy and beautiful. Let me know if you come back into town though. Even if you just need some company or moral support we're HERE!!! :)
Starleigh-
I am sad you guys missed it, but we totally understand! I knew it would be hard for you guys to make it up here, but I just wanted to make sure you guys knew you were certainly thought of!
I had no idea that you are a carrier! It's scary, isn't it? We don't know if it is me or John who is the carrier, if they hadn't of done the test at TMH, we never would have known! I'm almost positive she doesn't have it, so I am just going to try to forget about it until later. We will let you know if we are close to Gainesville anytime soon!
Post a Comment