Friday, May 20, 2011

Another potty post

Yes, I have become that mom who posts about her child's bathroom behaviors. This week I decided to go full speed ahead on potty training since we have taken a couple of weeks off. We are really only working on it in the afternoons, since we usually have things to do in the mornings.
I am taking the naked approach, since Kiley will not let me put underwear on her, so that will be the next step! I also found a good bribe for her- she gets a spoonful of ice cream everytime she uses the potty, and when she goes 5 times, she gets an ice cream cone. The first day was great! 3 times in the potty and no accidents! I knew this was just a fluke, so the next day I was prepared for accidents. Sure enough, 2 big accidents. I was still happy we were moving along and she wasn't fighting me nearly as much as before.
Funny side note- she doesn't quite understand yet how to tell when she is going to go, so she will ask me to change her diaper, so I tell her to go sit on the potty and sometimes this results in Kiley sitting there for an extended period of time. I guess it made her butt sore because when she got off the toilet, she bent over in front of me and said "Mommy, kiss my butt?" and I was like, uh, no I am not going to kiss your butt!

So anyways, it is going, but it is extremely difficult for me because I am not the most patient person in the world, so sitting in the house every afternoon waiting for her to use the potty is not my idea of a fun time. I have no doubt she will get it down soon!

2 comments:

David and Kaitlyn said...

Haha! She's already telling you to kiss it! I can't wait for her to be a teenager ;-) she's so cute and funny!

Melanie said...

I am proud of you! I need to try again with Peter! Good luck!