There never seems enough time in the day to get things done! Kiley has been taking swim lessons every day for the past 2 weeks (which deserves a post by itself!) and Bryn is busy getting ready to crawl and eating away! The thing that has been taking up most of my time is peeling paint. This year we are focusing on getting our house ready to sell. With the flexibility of John's job, we can really move anywhere we want and I would really love to be closer to my parents. Our goal is to get our house on the market this time next year. Since the people who lived her before us where do it yourself-ers (and they weren't good at it!) we have a lot of work ahead of us. Since moving in 2 years ago, we have:
- Replaced all the floors- wood laminate in the living room and hallway, carpet in the bedrooms, and tile in the kitchen and 2 baths
- Replaced all the blinds and window treatments
- Painted all the rooms
- Refinished the kitchen cabinets (badly, but we need new ones anyways)
- Replaced the toilets
- Re-paved our cracked driveway
On our list of updates to do:
- Remove peeling paint on the baseboards and door frames and re-paint
- Make our lawn nicer
- Remove and replace deck
- New kitchen counters
- New kitchen cabinets
- New kitchen sink
So as you can see, we have put a lot of money into the house and we still need to put in even more! Right now, every spare moment I have (which isn't much) is spent with a putty knife scraping paint off of the baseboards and door frames. I really want to get this done before Bryn starts crawling and putting paint in her mouth, even though she has already gotten a hold of some. It is such a mess! No matter how many times I sweep or vacuum, there are still little paint chips everywhere! We tried using a paint stripper that a paint expert recommended, but it smelled terrible and didn't even really work, so back to peeling paint it is! If you see me out in public with paint chips on me, don't judge! I can't get rid of those things no matter how hard I scrub in the shower!
No comments:
Post a Comment