I am still going strong on the marathon training. John was asking me about why I do it- most people HATE running. I thought about it and said that it makes me feel so strong to overcome my body's tiredness of running a long distance. Running is such a mental thing- the quote at the bottom of my training schedule says "Now if you are going to win any battle you have to do one thing. You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do. The body will always give up. It is always tired in the morning, noon, and night. But the body is never tired if the mind is not tired." -George S. Patton
So true! I also told him that I don't even notice the time it takes me. I put on my headphones and listen to the podcast that I download and go for 2 hours. The weekday runs are a little harder because I am now getting up before the kids so I can go while it is still relatively cool. By the time 4 or so rolls around, I am ready for a nap!
I am enjoying pushing my body to the limit. I just hope it holds up for 5 more months so I can finish this huge goal!
Highlights from April
4 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment