(source: http://www.gate-riverrun.com/)Yahoo! I did it! I was excited to run the Gate River Run this year. The training helped me to drop all but one pound of pregnancy weight and I knew this year I would do much better than last year, when I was 7 weeks pregnant. We traveled to Jacksonville on Friday and I was nervous because Kiley is not used to sleeping in the same room as John and I, so I thought she would be up all night. She did surprisingly well! She stayed up a little later than usual, but she eventually fell asleep. The next morning, she was up with me, but stayed in the room with John while I walked with my dad and my sister to the race. My mom, John, Kiley, and Bryn were able to walk to cheer us on right after we crossed the 1st mile marker. Last year, I ran up until mile 4 and then stopped to get water and that is when I started feeling sick, so I walked pretty much the rest of the way. This year, I made it past mile 4 and kept going! The last mile is up a pretty steep bridge, so at mile 8 my legs just couldn't handle the incline and I walked for about a minute and then finished the race! I felt great! I have a new goal now- to run either the half marathon or marathon that is going to be happening near my parent's house on Thanksgiving weekend. I really want to go for the marathon since that is one of my life goals and I have the time to train, but it makes me so nervous! We will see how training goes, I guess!



No comments:
Post a Comment