It was a rough week in the Newman household this week. I started week one training for the marathon I am wanting to run in November. That wasn't bad because the first week was really easy compared to the training I had been doing for the Gate run. However, I had to take a couple of breaks in the training. Tuesday, Kiley woke up and threw up all day. If you know me, you know that is THE WORST thing that could happen. Even worse, John was working (last time she got a stomach bug, it was on a Sunday, so he could mostly take care of it). I had to hold the barf pan for her and everything! YUCK. Not only that, but we had some tile guys over to measure and look at our house for laying tile, so they were lucky witnesses to this fun time. Once that was over, she decided she was going to throw the biggest of all fits on wednesday. Once she was in bed, I just wanted to pull the covers of my bed over my head and sleep, I was so exhausted! Thursday went fine until Bryn decided to roll off of the couch. I KNOW! She never rolls around and she decided to roll when she was on the couch. Worst mom ever! Boy, did she let me know how mad she was that I left her unsupervised on the couch!
Then, around 8, my tummy started feeling funny. I just brushed it off and went about my business. Around 10, the floodgates opened! I didn't escape the stomach virus from Kiley this time! And neither did Bryn or John! We were just miserable all night and I didn't sleep a wink between running to the bathroom and making sure Bryn didn't choke on her vomit while she tried to sleep. I was so worried about her because she is so young! Luckily, she had it the best of all of us. I don't think I have ever prayed so much and so hard as I did that night!
Friday I was feeling a little better and was finally able to keep some liquids down. Of course Kiley woke up all energetic and wanting to run around, so she was incredibly bored and LOUD all day.
Today I still feel a little weird, but way way better. I just hope we have fulfilled our sick quota for awhile because it seems like one of us has been sick ever since 2012 started! Week 1 marathon training was kind of a bust, so I will give an update next week about how week 2 goes!
Highlights from April
4 years ago



1 comment:
I am sorry about your week!!!
Post a Comment