Monday, March 14, 2011

Race day thoughts

Before the race (notice how big our smiles are):

After the race (notice how our smiles are significantly smaller!)
Well, I did it! I ran the 15k this past weekend. My sister ran it, too, and we finished at almost the same time, I was just a little bit ahead of her. It was such a crazy race with so many people! We were so far back at the start line that it took us 5 minutes after the actual start of the race to actually cross the start line! Then the first mile and a half was basically a very slow jog until the crowd thinned out somewhat. I felt great and did not stop for the first 4 miles, but at the 4th mile I felt like I needed to rest for a second so I didn't over do it and boy was that a mistake! I couldn't get myself back into a rhythm and then I started to feel really sick around 5 miles. That really stunk because I needed to go to the bathroom so bad, but I had 4 more miles to go! So I basically walked the last 4 miles, which I am really disappointed about. Oh well, I finished it and that is what is important!

And one of the reasons I didn't want to over do it is because...I am pregnant! Yay! I am only 7 weeks, and I was so nervous about this race because I have been feeling really queasy and I didn't know how I would do. But I have been training, so I didn't want to drop out. I am so happy it is over! I am due October 30th and I can't wait to find out if Kiley is getting a little brother or sister!

4 comments:

Starleigh said...

Congratulations Katie! This is fantastic news!!

The Miller Family said...

Yaaaaaaaaay Katie! Congratulations! That's fantastic news! And wtg on racing too (especially preggo!)!

Machelle said...

Go you! And with your tummy troubles and all! PS I forgot to tell you this when I saw you yesterday (you know, with our kids beating each other up haha!) but I think you have lost weight. I need to get pregnant to lose weight! You look wonderful mama! Thanks for hanging yesterday even though our kids were nuts.

David and Kaitlyn said...

Glad everyone knows now! I have such a hard time keeping exciting news to myself!!!!!!!