So this potty training thing is not for the faint of heart...or at least, not for mammas in their first trimester. I really want to get Kiley potty trained soon so that she has it down before #2 comes along, but it is proving to be more trouble than it is worth. She fights me so hard when I try to put undies on her and I even bought her some cool Dora and Disney princess undies! If I just let her run around naked, then she doesn't really "get" that she had an accident, but if she is wearing the undies, she asks me to clean her up, so she knows when she goes. Most of the problem stems from the fact that I feel so sick if I am not lying down, so it is really hard to watch her while I am lying on the couch and having to jump up when she starts to go to run her to the toilet. THEN she fights me over what color M & Ms I give her!
So, I might just wait until the 1st trimester is over and I am not sick and hormonal all the time. Mommies- any tips?
Highlights from April
4 years ago



4 comments:
That's so funny I just read about potty training like 2 minutes ago because it was in my BabyCenter e-mail! They would tell you to not push it and try again in a few months but what do they know! ;-) let's play! But if you guys come here Wily Kiley has to wear a diaper! Haha!
I don't have any advice, but here's my experience. I waited until the day after Eddie turned three simply because I was scared and he didn't ask to go to the bathroom before then. He was super easy. I put him in underwear and never went back to diapers of any kind. I let him choose somewhere fun he wanted to go after he used the bathroom for the first time. Then he could choose somewhere fun to go after using the bathroom every ten times (he had a sticker chart to fill). We ended up going somewhere fun every day (Chuck E. Cheese, the park, out for icecream). Peter will be three in just one month, and I have a feeling it's going to be much harder with him. I am not eager!
Welcome to my club!! My kids want nothing to do with the potty. If the next kid(s) are like this then I will go into deep debt with diapers! lol! Diapers to college club!
Oh girl we are battling the potty here too! Miles will pee pee pretty regularly but only one #2 so far... It is DAUNTING. I recommend either pushing thru and getting it done now or waiting til after baby #2 arrives cuz doing it in the third trimester is ROUGH.
Post a Comment