Kiley is totally going to kill me when she gets older for writing about this!
Normally, we do not practice crying it out because Kiley usually falls asleep fairly fast when I rock her and that is my favorite time of day because she is so sweet and cuddley! But when she doesn't go to sleep in a speedy manner and is just sitting there with her eyes open, she knows that she will have to go down by herself. She cries for maybe 5 minutes and then stops, so usually we are like, success! Until we go and check on her...as soon as the door opens, the smell hits me...poop. EVERYTIME we make her cry it out, she poops. She could poop one hundred times that day and she would still poop! So then, even though she is sleeping peacefully after we heartlessly left her to cry by herself, we have to wake her up to change her diaper. It is awful.
What do I do? I feel like waking her up after she has already fallen asleep by herself is a step backward, but there is no way I will let her go the whole night with poop in her diaper! Should I just abandon the whole concept of crying it out all together, or should I keep going, hoping she stops?
and P.S. how sad is it that she cries so hard she craps herself? SO SAD.
Highlights from April
4 years ago



4 comments:
so so sad. i babysit a kiddo that does that. i say change her then put her right back to bed, hard as it is. stay strong mama!
:-( No advice. Just sad.
she probably did it on accident once and now she is just doing it to punish you. These kids remember EVERYTHING, chances are, she knows that if she poops she'll be out of bed in about 5 minutes. Good Luck!!
LOL!
Post a Comment