So we found another house in Killearn Acres in the beginning of April and the seller wasn't really budging much on the cost, but he was doing some other things that would help us out. So we went ahead and signed a contract and then got the inspections done. Well, the house inspection showed we needed about $2000 worth of repair and the seller wouldn't help. We ultimately decided we could do that, but then we got the septic inspection and all heck broke loose! We would have had to put $6000 into it, plus we were paying about 13,000 more for the total price of the house than we wanted to. So the seller was not working with us at all, so we terminated that and the time crunch was on!
We found this other house that hadn't even been on the market for a week and we really really liked it, but I was so jaded by that point that I couldn't get excited about anything.
Well, we still put an offer in and did some counter offers, and we just finished the last of 3 inspections today and everything looks good! We will have to do some little repairs, but nothing like the previous house. We need to put a fence in and the flooring needs to be re-done. We are going to do wood laminate in the living room and hallway and carpet in the bedrooms. We close May 21! It is exciting and I hope everything continues to work out!
Here are some pictures (it is 3 bedroom, 2 bathrooms, by the way):






11 comments:
it looks great girl! I am obsessed with your backyard! how exciting!!! congratulations!
Congrats on the new house! How fun! I can not wait until we can get a house!
I wanna see it! Where is it? Getting a house is so much fun! And pretty terrifying too!
Yay! Congratulations you guys! It's beautiful...I'm so jealous! You're backyard looks fabulous!
PS: you will be zoned for some Excellent schools!!
where is this house? it looks like one in my neighborhood thats for sale!
Thanks everyone! The house is in Killearn Lakes and yes, we are zoned for some great schools! We are so excited!
I love it, Katie! Congratulations!!! I am tied up the ENTIRE weekend of the 21st because of my dance recitals. Let me know if you need help unpacking after that weekend though. I'd love to help you!
Karley, you are in luck because we actually aren't moving until the 29th! We have to get floors installed before we actually move in, so you can still help (;
Yay!!! I'm soooo excited for you guys. I can't wait for you to move in. Keep the pictures coming!
Congratulations guys! What an exciting time for you :) We are currently looking for a house in California and it is a joke trying to find anything affordable that isn't a dump.
Post a Comment