Wednesday, December 2, 2009

CH-CH-CHanges

Man it has been FOR-EVAH since I updated, and to my one reader, I apologize. Things just haven't been too exciting round here, but our family is about to head into some serious changes, so since I am home sick today and Kiley is napping, I decided I would write a little update. First off, a couple of weekends ago, we had the opportunity to head down to Titusville for a friend of mine since high schools bridal shower. While we were there, we got to see a shuttle launch, up close and personal!
It was John's first shuttle launch, and my 1093742360 launch, but we were both in awe. There were so many people at the viewing area and there was this great energy and awesome feeling of patriotism. John said he kept getting teary-eyed. It was so great to see it because we had to head back to Tallahassee the next day and it is so rare that shuttles launch the same day they are scheduled to, usually weather or mechanical problems get in the way. But the stars aligned and it launched right on time!
Also, while we were driving down to Titusville, my car decided it had had enough. I love my car, but so many things were going wrong with it and the warranty had expired, so it would have cost so much to get it fixed, plus we have been looking into getting a bigger, family friendly car for almost a year, but we just didn't want to take the plunge. We finally did and bought this beauty:

WE LOVE IT! It is so nice! We got a really good deal on it, so we just couldn't pass it up! I feel like such a mommy now with my new "mommy" car!

And now to the REALLY exciting thing!
JOHN GOT A JOB!
I know, right? So great! He is super excited about it, it seems to be right up his alley, and we don't have to move (which is good and bad). He is going to be an in-house graphic designer for a company called Universal Data Technologies.
So I quit my job, right? WRONG! Unfortunately, they aren't offering him as much as we need, especially with the new purchase we made (see above), plus he is on a probationary period for 90 days in which he won't get any benefits. After many discussions and prayers and tears, we decided that I would continue to work until his 90 days are over because I can not, in good conscious, let us not have health insurance. After the year we had with medical issues, it would not be responsible for me, as a mother, to just let us not be covered. Knowing our luck, the day after I quit my job, we will get in a car accident and have to pay crazy medical bills for the rest of our lives! So I feel good about this decision, sure the next 3 months are going to be crazy and we are so thankful for our family and friends that have stepped up to help us, but there is an end in sight!
AND other exciting news, my bestie Kim is in labor with her first baby, a miracle boy named Julian! I can't wait to meet him! Her story is so touching, if you don't know what I am talking about, read about it here.
Sorry for the gigantic post, thanks for reading!

2 comments:

David and Kaitlyn said...

Congratulations on your car and John's job! These three months are going to fly by!!!

The Tabot Fam said...

Congrats on all the great news! That's wonderful on so many fronts. Merry Christmas.