Monday, November 2, 2009

Kiley's first Halloween and being a little Political

There is my little ladybug! She looks thrilled doesn't she?? Haha! That hat didn't last long!
John was a tree, I was leaves, and Kiley was the ladybug! Get it??
I can't wait until Kiley "gets" Halloween and we will pick out her costume together and go trick-or-treating! It will be so much fun!

And here is where I get a little political. My dad works for a company called ATK. They build rockets, so he is, literally, a "rocket scientist". I am so proud of his hard work and the things he does. ATK has the contract from NASA to build the Ares rocket, the spaceship that will replace the space shuttle when it is retired next year. My dad also worked on the space shuttle, so it is so neat for him to be working when the new rocket will be unveiled. He has been there through Challenger and Columbia, plus many more successful missions. Here is a comparison of the new Ares rockets to previous space ships:

Pretty cool, huh? Titusville, my hometown, is basically dependent on the space program. Our nation, whether you realize it or not, is dependent on the space program. In the coming months, President Obama will be voting on whether or not to continue to send man into space. The space center is very nervous about this because President Obama hasn't been the biggest supporter of the space program. I know we are in some serious debt as a nation, and the space program is very costly, but I think we would be even more poor if this program was to cease to exist. This past week, the test launch of the Ares I-X was successful, so that was a good sign, but we are not out of the woods. PLEASE learn more about the space program and to learn more about the Ares program, go here:
http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/constellation/ares/flighttests/aresIx/index.html

No comments: