Sunday, March 1, 2009

Bad weekend for Kiley

What a week we had! This week I went back to work, much to my disdain. It is not fun, but we are dealing with the new routine. Thankfully, I have a really good go with the flow baby. She sleeps really good at night, so I am not too tired when I go to work. The only night she doesn't do so well is Saturday nights. I swear she knows that the next day we go to church so she is a nightmare. Last night was no exception. I woke her up for her last nightime feeding at about 11 and she proceeded to spit up out of her nose and she choked on what was coming out of her mouth, so she started freaking out and wouldn't calm down, so it took awhile before she went back to bed. Then at 6 this morning, she wakes up and throws up all over the bed and on the floor. She seriously threw up a gallon of milk! It was so scary, plus she was acting weird, so we decided to stay home from stake conference to keep on eye on her. She went back to sleep and seems to be fine now, so hopefully she just ate too much and that was it.
Poor little girl just didn't have a good weekend. We took her to the lab yesterday to get her blood drawn for the CF test and man did that girl scream! It was harder to do this than the shots because the shots go so fast, but getting her blood drawn took awhile because of her teeny veins and because they had to take 2 vials of blood. Her poor little arm turned red and her hand turned blue because blood wasn't getting to them. But it is over! Now we just have to wait FIVE WEEKS for the results, and then hopefully we can put this all behind us! We will keep you updated!

2 comments:

Machelle said...

oh, I remember the days of milk out the nose and mouth. I do not miss those days!!! I can not believe it is taking 5 weeks for results!

The Miller Family said...

Poor little thing! I can't stand it when either of the boys has to have blood drawn...I make Joe-Z do it, lol.

Hope everything goes well with the results, and I hope she gets over her throwing up...not fun :o(