Monday, November 24, 2008

the waiting game...

So I haven't posted in a while, mostly because there is nothing interesting for me to post about! I am pretty boring because lately all my thoughts are consumed with this baby! I think this is pretty common for first time moms, or for any moms who are close to their due date! I think every little ache or pain is the beginning of labor and I just need to calm it down because I think I still have a while. One thing that I find that is so funny is that people feel the need to approach me and talk to me like I have this huge sign on that says, "GO AHEAD! I must be friendly, I am about to have a baby, come talk to me!" I went to the mall on Saturday to do a little Christmas/baby shopping and to just walk around and every sales person and merchant of the stores I went into thought that it was a great idea to get into a 5 minute (or longer) conversation with me! I didn't mind, because at least they weren't saying, "you are huge!" or "are you sure you only have one in there?" Like I have heard people tend to say, but at the same time, I had things I needed to do! But I just listened and nodded and smiled. Another thing that they tended to say, after I told them I was due in 2 weeks, "Oh my gosh, you are so small for being due in 2 weeks!" I guess that is better than the alternative, but still, I don't know what to say to that! "oh thanks, I have been really sick this whole pregnancy so that's probably why." Well, no one wants to hear that, so I just smile and say thank you and they go back to talking about something else.
Ok, sorry about that rant. Anyways, my parents decided not to come up this weekend unless I so happen to go into labor (which my mom swears I will!) and I am so happy, not because I don't want to see them, I just don't want the pressure of them basically sitting around and staring at me, waiting for me to have my baby. Not my idea of a good time! So instead, I will just eat too much at Thanksgiving, be insanely uncomfortable, and hope that she comes soon so I don't waste too much of my maternity leave (which starts in 2 work days!!!) sitting around waiting for her.

1 comment:

Mrs. Blimes said...

so exciting! did i ever tell you that you have the same due date as my good freind olivia??? she too is counting down the days!!!

good luck!!!