Saturday, November 15, 2008

37 weeks and Christmas in November!

So I hit 37 weeks today!  So Kiley could technically come anytime and she would be full term!  I have been having tons of contractions, but they always go away and they aren't too painful, so they never really amount to anything, so I figure she will be in there at least another 3 weeks.  At my doctor's appointment, my doctor said that her growth is fine, I am just carrying her straight up and down and tons of women would be jealous of me being so small at 37 weeks.  I couldn't believe she considers this:

SMALL??  I feel like an elephant!  But I know it could be worse, so I guess I am lucky in a way.  Because I am so anal about being prepared, John and I put up our Christmas stuff today just in case she decides to make an early appearance.  I know, I might be a little too prepared, but if it helps keep my mind occupied until she gets here, it can't hurt, right?  So anyways, here is our mantle with our stockings (including Kiley's brand new one!)

Here is my fabulous nativity scene that I got for crazy cheap last year.  The picture doesn't do it justice!

And here is out pitiful little tree.  It is a little scraggly, but I still love it.  Maybe next year we will get a new one.

So know my weekends consist of running little errands and cleaning in preparation for the baby.  My mom called me and said, now, no pressure, but we made hotel reservations for Thanksgiving weekend, so it would be great if you had her then!  Yes, like I can control when I pop this baby out!  So now it is just a waiting game...I have 2 more weeks of work, so I would like for her to stay in that long and then she can come whenever she wants!




2 comments:

Machelle said...

You crack me up with the Christmas stuff. And yes, you are small for 37 weeks. Holy cow! I can not wait!!!

Brittany said...

You TOO? Everyone is getting ready for Christmas before Thanksgiving! I can't get myself to do it no matter how much I want to! :) All you have to do is bounce up and down and she'll come out by Thanksgiving! That's what a lot of people are trying.... I'm excited for you and your little one!