Wednesday, November 26, 2008

stick a fork in me...

I'M DONE!
This whole pregnancy thing just hasn't been treating me well.  I had a doctor's appointment today and I just happened to mention to the doctor that she hasn't been moving as much lately and I thought she would just say, oh that's normal, she doesn't have any room, but instead she said, well everything is probably fine, but I am going to send you to labor and delivery to do a quick non stress test just to be sure.  Ok, that's fine, it's my last day of work and no one is at work today anyway, as long as it is fast, why not?
So I head over to labor and delivery and sign my life away at the check in desk and then get called back to get hooked up to all the monitors.  Well, she still wasn't moving, but the monitor was picking up that she was wiggling around, just enough that they couldn't get a good reading on the monitors, so the nurses kept coming in a readjusting the little circular thingys and then her heart would start beating irregular, so then that would mess up the reading, so I was getting really frustrated because I had been gone from work for 2 hours by now and it was lunchtime and I was STARVING and bored and they kept saying, we just need a good strip of readings, I'm so sorry!  Meanwhile, I am seeing her heart rate go all over the map from 150 all the way down to 50 and freaking out, thinking they would rush in at any moment and rush me into the operating room for an emergency c-section or something.
Finally the on-call doctor comes in and talks to me, saying that he wasn't happy with the way her heart was de-cellerating (sp?) so he could induce me, but he didn't want to yet, so now I have to very closely monitor her movements and  have to go back Friday for another non stress test.  So finally, after THREE HOURS of sitting half naked in that stupid bed in triage, I got to leave.  With no baby. 
So who knows when she will come?  Maybe they will just decide on Friday to go ahead and induce me or something.  All I know is I am getting extremely tired of all these tests and extra things I am having to do and I just want my little girl!!
In good news, I am now on maternity leave!  yay!  
And by the way, Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Floridians back to Utahns! said...

Hey this is Cally Nichols. I just wanted to say good luck with everything. I am 40 weeks and 4 days today and I am getting induced tomorrow at TMH so if you are there and get induced maybe we'll see ya. Hey and our kids would have the same b-day. Happy Thanksgiving!
PS Who is your doctor?

Anonymous said...

Hey! Good luck to you too! I hope everything goes well for you...I guess I shouldn't complain too much because I am not overdue yet, but this pregnancy has just been not fun at all!
I go to North Florida Women's Care, my main doctor is Friall, but she wasn't working this week, so I saw Rosenberg yesterday and the doctor on call was McAlpine, who I like alot. Tomorrow Friall is on call, so since she knows me better she will probably make a good decision on what to do with me! I am leaning towards wanting to be induced though, just to get this done!