So there is a little preview of what my little girl is going to look like! Isn't she a cutie? And yes, I had to get another ultrasound- wait make that 2 sets of ultrasounds in one day! It was a long day at the doctor's office for me- Kiley already likes to make her mommy have a heart attack!
So I go in for my first routine weekly appointment. My dr was measuring my uterus and she said it was too low, so she wanted me to get an ultrasound. I said fine, as long as I get it done here because last time I had to pay $500! So I had to wait for the room to open up and then they call me back and the lady starts measuring everything and says her growth looks good (6 lbs!) and my amniotic fluid levels are good. Yay! Then she goes to listen to the heartbeat. She listens for awhile and watches it on the screen and Kiley's heart is definitely skipping beats. Even I could see it! So she goes to tell my doctor and they send me upstairs to the high risk doctor. So they set me up with another ultrasound and look at everything and her heart is skipping beats, but the doctor said it is the equivalent of when adults drink too much coffee, he said it was benign and it would probably go away after birth, but they are still going to monitor it. Whew! So I got to see my little girl twice today! But the coolest part was when they turned the ultrasound onto 3D and I could really see her face! That's what the top picture is. The scanner at work is really bad, but the rea pictures are SO CUTE! I can't wait for her to get here! They also said she had lots and lots of hair, so that is exciting!
So all in all, I was at the "routine" appointment for 3 hours, but it was worth it if my little girl is healthy!



4 comments:
Yay! I'm glad she's okay! All the waiting and time spent at the doctor's offices will be long forgotten as soon as she gets here!
awww glad she is ok!!! I can not wait to meet her!!! Did you see Willis or Hume?? I liked Hume better he was more personable and talked to you. I got to see them lots! lol. They let me see them on 3D but twins is really hard to see so I pretty much saw butts and an arm lol.
She is beautiful katie. You will be surprised when she comes out to see how EXACTLY accurate that 3d ultrasound is of her. I'm glad she is okay. Let me know if you need anything...
Hey Katie! I am glad everything is okay with your little princess! I hope I can find time to come down after the cutie is born and take some pictures for you. We will see!
Post a Comment