So last Friday I went to the doctor's because now I am on the every other week schedule and it was a doctor I had never seen before. In a previous post, I was talking about how I had gained 8 pounds in a month and they yelled at me for it. Well, at this appointment, I guess between the stomach flu and the nausea returning full force, and I just have no appetite, I lost 5 pounds, so I am still like 4 pounds under the weight I came into the pregnancy with 7 months ago. Well, this concerned my doctor and he is worried that Kiley isn't growing like she should be. Well, that is not what I want to hear! I know I haven't gained alot of weight, but I have gained some and I know she is in there because I feel huge! So anyways, he wanted me to get another ultrasound to check the weight, but the tech is on vacation this week, so I have to go to another office. Long story short, I am going in tomorrow and I had to go pick up my referral form from the doctor's today and on it it said "reason for ultrasound: poor fetal growth" Well, wait just a second! You don't know that yet! For some reason, it really freaked me out. I'm sure everything is fine and I am just going to look at the bright side that I get to see her again before she is born! Meanwhile, I am trying to eat more by "grazing" which supposedly helps heartburn as well. I just don't know what to do! I'm thinking that she is just going to take after her daddy's side and my mom's side of the family because they are all small people. I will definitely update this when I know more!
2 comments:
I am sure she is fine. They got mad at me for not gaining a lot of weight with twins and they were a good weight when they were born (well for their age that is haha). So I am sure you are fine. I would start to eat a little more though because this is when they start to pack on their fat to keep them warm outside the belly. Oh, does this doc. know you are always sick???
Ah, Katie...I know that must have not been fun to hear/ read! Let me know what happens, and if you'd like me to make you a giant chocolate cake, I can do that, too! :-)
Post a Comment