Wednesday, October 8, 2008

All worried over nothing!

So I am happy to report that Miss Kiley is growing just fine and she is still a girl! (I made sure the tech double checked that part!)
But I am really not happy with my doctor's office deciding to send me to a radiology place that wasn't in my network so I had to pay $130 to get the ultrasound done and if the tech hadn't of been on vacation, it would have been free! Oh well, better to be safe than sorry!
So anyways, it was very good to see Kiley still growing and the tech just told me I still look a little smaller because I have a long torso and she can stretch out alot and boy is she stretched out! Her head is down and ready to go, she kept it buried in my left hip the whole time so we couldn't get a good picture, her little bottom is up in my right ribs and her feet are curled around into my left ribs, so she is taking full advantage of the space. We were able to see some hair, so she isn't bald! Everything else checked out, and she is measuring right on schedule, a hefty 3 lbs 8 oz! We didn't get many good pictures because when they get this big, everything is smushed. But the tech said my baby seems very "docile" because she doesn't move very much, she just kind of stretches and rolls. This whole pregnancy, she has never really given me a hard kick or jab, she just kind of chills. The tech was poking and prodding and she just wouldn't move around! But all in all, I am happy I got it done, I just wish it would have been at the doctor's office instead of this other place where they make you get naked and where a front opening gown with a thin white sheet over your privates! I wouldn't have cared if it was just John in the room, but his mom was there, too, so I was kinda nervous when the sheet started slipping down while the tech was jiggling my belly. Oh well, we were all too busy looking at the screen anyways!
Seeing her again makes me realize that all this sickness and uncomfortable-ness is worth it and soon I will be able to hold her in my arms!

2 comments:

Kim said...

aw, Katie! I almost started crying reading about the description of where all her little body parts are and that she is doing so well and is so healthy! I CAN'T WAIT to meet her! I can't believe she will be here so soon-- yay!

The Miller Family said...

I'm so glad to read that she's doing so well! Yay for Kiley! We're SO excited for your little family to be growing!