Thursday, June 5, 2008

A quick update

So it's been awhile since the last update, so here we go!
John and I moved to our new place this past weekend and so far we love it. I haven't had much time to enjoy because I have been out of town for work for most of the week, and I leave again tomorrow, but the location is much much better for us. Thanks to everyone who helped us move! Because we had so much help, we were able to get pretty much everything done and unpacked on Saturday, which helped me out alot because I had to leave on Tuesday.
Sunday, for whatever reason, we decided to shave Zoe. It started as an innocent shave to make her more comfortable for the upcoming summer, but it turned into a downright bald little dog. We even shaved her tail! We had to though, because it had so many knots in it it was becoming unbearable. For about the first hour after the shave, Zoe had discovered her tail for the first time and kept chasing it and trying to bite it. It was pretty funny.
Nothing much else to report. I am almost done with going out of town for awhile, at least until I go to Paris, but that is for vacation, and not work. I have to be in Milton this weekend and next weekend and that should be it. (I hope!)
I go to the doctor's tomorrow morning for a check-up, nothing terribly exciting. I have to wait a little longer before I find out if we are having a boy or a girl and I CAN'T WAIT! I really want to know. I guess the important thing tomorrow is hearing the heartbeat, which will be reassuring to hear because I am fast approaching the end of my first trimester (on Sunday) and that is when most of the miscarriage risks go down, so I can breathe a little sigh of relief!
and that's it for now!

2 comments:

Machelle said...

First, how did you add people as friends? I dont know how to do that. Second, we did that to Daisy once (minus the whole tale thing) and she look pitiful for like 3 weeks lol. I started laughing so hard reading that that Nick thinks I am crazy and we (you and I) should steer clear of shaving our dogs haha.

Alyse said...

I'm so excited for you Katie! Your little one is going to be so adorable!!! Are you and John in 3rd ward now? I should come to your ward sometime! 5th ward is driving me crazy! Haha!

P.S yes, I LOVE LOVE LOVE Army Wives! Did you cry when you watched it last weekend? Oh my gosh, I cried like a baby! I was out of control!