So I was planning on keeping this to myself for a little longer, but I don't think anyone really reads this blog and if something does happen, it might be good for me to write about it, so here is my big announcement: I'M PREGNANT!
It happened pretty fast, so John and I were lucky, and I am only about 5 weeks along, so alot could still go wrong, but I am just choosing to think positively and hopefully everything goes ok. We are extremely excited and nervous because we know it is going to be a huge adjustement and I am still going to have to work and all that, but John had always wanted to be a stay at home dad, so he will get to do that for about a year or so while he finishes school. Luckily, my work is really lax and understanding about things, so there should be no problems there. This past weekend was really stressful because we went down to Titusville to pack up my old bedroom furniture because my parents wanted to do something else with my old room, so I figured, since we are down there, we might as well tell them in person. Man was I nervous! When John and I got married, they struggled with accepting that, so I was just worried it was going to turn into another fight like that was. They suprised me by being really happy about it! My dad was especially excited, so that really put my mind at ease. I figure now that I told them, I might as well tell other people because I'm sure the rumors will be spreading all around.
So Saturday was spent packing up the furniture (I couldn't really lift anything, so John and my mom did most of it) and going through my closet, throwing things away from high school and elementary school. It was exhausting! Then my parents followed us up to Tallahassee and we unloaded all the furniture and even though it looks really nice, it is even more crowded in our little apartment! Now I guess we have to figure out how we are going to make a nursery out of our guest bedroom and move the computer and all the stuff we have in there out into the living room. I am sure I will keep this thing updated with all the changes that John and I are about to go through!
Highlights from April
4 years ago



5 comments:
Congratulations Katie and John! That is super exciting. Good Luck and Best Wishes!!!!!!
Katie! That is very exciting! Congratulations!!! Let me know if I can do anything for you!
So that's what you were doing while I was walking Jazz. Congrats! I'm so excited you guys will be having a baby!
Thanks everyone! We are so excited!
Whitney- I know, when I saw you, I was like, Oh no! She is going to think we are moving out! But we are here to stay, for a little while at least!
Yea Yea Yea! I'm so so excited for y'all. I've slacked at reading my usual blogs for the last week...and this is my punishment for that...I'm behind on the new news! CONGRATS:)
Post a Comment