Monday, March 31, 2008

On to new things...

So I got released from nursery yesterday...sad day! I really enjoyed that calling. I just love kids!! When I was teaching tennis, my favorite age group to teach was from 5-7 or so because you never know what is going to come out of their mouths and they just genuinely enjoy life. I am really going to miss playing with kids for 2 hours every Sunday.
So know I am teaching a Sunday school class on teaching. What?? How am I supposed to do that? I don't even know how to teach myself and I am supposed to teach other people how to teach? This should be interesting. I guess the only thing I can do is try my best.
So I got a small, almost insignificant raise on Friday. The money won't really make a difference, but the really good thing is when my boss told me about it, he said NO ONE gets a raise after working for the company for only 3 months full time and that my regional manager looked at my evaluation and was so pleased that he just decided to give me one. I was so excited! Just when I think all the things I do at work go unnoticed, this happens. Pretty neat.
So John and I have to head to Titusville on Friday for the weekend to help my parents move furniture around. For the past year, my parents have been living in Huntsville, Alabama for my dad's job, but they kept the house in Titusville because they thought they might be back soon, plus they built tha house 19 years ago, so it was hard for them to give it up. Well, they were smart because sure enough, my dad got offered a job back in Titusville at the Space Center, so they are in the process of moving back, so now they have to merge 2 sets of furniture together. What does that mean to me? Free furniture!! The only catch- we have to help move it. I can handle that. I am just so tired of driving 5 hours each way, plus gas is just do expensive these days it costs so much just to drive down there! Oh well, it is always good to see my parents, though.

No comments: