It is still going! Week 6 was great, the 8 mile run on Saturday was really nice! The problem now is that since I go running during the week at lunchtime so John can watch the girls, it is dang hot! And it is only going to get worse! I will adapt (I hope!)
So week 7 I kind of took a break because, for one, John was in Boston so I didn't have much time to myself, and two, I had registered to run the Tails and Trails 10k on Saturday, so that wasn't on the training schedule. Since I still have a good amount of time until my marathon, I just kind of ran when I could this week. The race went great! It was on actual trails, so that was different than running on the road. I don't lift my feet of the ground very high when I run, so I almost broke my ankle on tree roots a couple of times, but I ran the 6 miles at about a 9 minute/mile pace which is about a minute faster than I usually run my long runs at, so I was happy! I was hoping to be in the top 10 in my age group, but I was 11th! I was right behind the 10th place girl the whole time, I should have passed her!
Highlights from April
4 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment