Monday, December 6, 2010

Christmas Memories

I, like most people, have wonderful memories of Christmas and certain things, like music, or smells, take me back to Christmases when I was a little kid. Now that I have a child, my heart gets so warm when something that I love, she loves too! Every year when Christmas came around, I could not wait to listen to Manheim Steamroller.
This music just makes me feel all Christmas-y inside. Now that Kiley is almost 2 (next week! Agh!), she is understanding more and more, so Christmas is that much more special. When we got our Christmas stuff out, I immediately took all my Manheim Steamroller CDs and put them in my car. We listen to them when we are out running errands and from the look on Kiley's face I can just tell she loves them! Today we were listening to a CD that my mom gave me when I was VERY pregnant that was Manheim Steamroller's take on How the Grinch Stole Christmas. Once the Who Christmas song ended, she started yelling, "More Grinch! More Grinch!" I couldn't believe she had made the connection- we just watched the Grinch cartoon on Sunday night and she remembered!

I can't wait to establish more favorites with Kiley that she can look back on when she is older and remembers things from her childhood!

1 comment:

Mrs. Blimes said...

That is too funny! They are so much smarter than we even know! Miles is also Grinch obsesed! I'm pretty sure his favorite Christmas traditions so far ar the grinch and dismantling the tree!