Saturday, March 6, 2010

I am so bad at this!

I am so bad at posting unless I am complaining about something! Nothing really exciting has been happening to us, so it is just the same ol' rinse, lather, repeat everyday!
My parents visited us this week because my dad was meeting with the governor lobbying for space funding (REALLY important!), so we got to spend some time with them, which is great. Kiley hasn't seen my mom in 2 months and Kiley isn't really a touchy person (wonder where she got that from??) but Kiley was all over my mom! Hugging her, kissing her, etc. It was so cute! She was a little scared of my dad, however! She isn't used to big guys with beards!

I also told my boss last week that I am going to quit as soon as we close on our house, which is still in the works. So that is a big step! However, yesterday was the first day John got insurance deducted from his paycheck, which was a big blow to us for several reasons:

1. The effective date isn't until April 1, but for some reason, CHP is taking a "pre-pay" premium out a month before you are actually covered. Yeah. Dumb.

2. We found out that even though we have insurance for the whole family, the company will only pay for 1/2 of John's insurance. We were led to believe that they would pay for 1/2 of the whole premium. So, doing the math, our total monthly insurance is $1000, John's portion is $200, so the company is paying $100. That means we have to pay $900 MONTHLY. What the crap? So now we are trying to figure out what to do because we can definitely not afford that with me not working. Even if we don't buy a house, we can't afford that. Any advice/ideas?

Crap! I ended up complaining about something!
I will just have to make up for it with a cute picture of Kiley on Valentine's Day!

3 comments:

Machelle said...

ummm wow that is expensive!! Have you looked into private insurance not through his company?? I know people who pay around $500 a month for their whole family privately. Nick's is $500 a month for us....gosh $900 is a lot.

David and Kaitlyn said...

Why the face!?!?! We pay WAY less than that for CHP! What's the point in his company even providing insurance!?! What a load!

Anonymous said...

I know, right? We are looking into private insurance, but we are just so beyond pissed off about this.