Today you turn one year old. Where did the time go? It seems like just yesterday I was holding your little bruised body as you stared into my eyes, wondering where the heck you were. And here you are, a happy, curious little one year old!

Kiley, you have been such a blessing in your daddy's and my life. Your smiles are elusive, but when you do smile, the whole world lights up. I just can not get over how strikingly beautiful you are! I know I am biased, but it doesn't seem possible that someone as beautiful as you are came from your dad and me!
You kept us on our toes this year, from your cystic fibrosis scare, to refusing to sleep, to rolling over, crawling, and now walking! You are such a joy and you really only cry when something is rally wrong. I try not to think about how you don't sleep. But you don't. Let's work on that this year, mkay?
Sweet baby, this year has also been one of the hardest of my life. I have always wanted to be a mother and to be able to stay home and raise my children. Unfortunately, I couldn't do that this year. Please know, that this wasn't by choice. I longed to be home with you, I cried every night those first 6 months of your life when I couldn't see you during the day. Watching someone else raise you has been so hard for me. Just know that I am doing what is best for us. Thankfully, your dad starts his new job today and hopefully I won't be seperated from you for much longer and in a couple of months we can play all day!
Little Monkey, I look forward to the future with you and seeing you grow into an intelligent, beautiful young woman. But please, PLEASE, don't do it too fast. My heart can't handle it!
I love you, my little snugglebunny. Happy Birthday!



1 comment:
I love this song! what a perfect way to describe our Kiley. you are a wonderful mom, Katie, and she is so lucky to have both you and John as her parents. Kiley, I remember this day last year, and I simply can't believe how you've grown and how much one little person can make us all smile. we love you so much!
Post a Comment