This past Wednesday, John, Kiley, Zoe and I set out for an adventureous couple of days in Titusville. Last time we made this journey, Kiley was only 2 weeks old, so we were overdue for a trip and John had a week off of school, so we decided why not? Well, 5 hour car rides in a small car stuffed with baby stuff and 2 adults, a 6 month old, and a crazy dog = not fun!But it was good to just relax and enjoy my parents cooking all the meals and not having to do anything. We did a little swimming, a lot of eating, and even more relaxing. I even managed to fit in a tennis lesson with my old coach! (Who also is trying to recruit me to teach at the country club down there...who knows?)
Friday night my parents were so kind as to treat John and I to our first real night out since Kiley was born. We went to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse for what was the best meal I have ever had in my life.
I had a little of this:
And a little of this:
And a whole lot of something they didn't have a picture of: CHEESECAKE! The crust on that cheesecake was seriously 3 inches thick. Delish! It was an interesting night out because John and I got to actually talk without a baby interrupting us. It was almost like a first date all over again!The next day we went to the beach and I was worried because last time we attempted the beach, Kiley screamed because she hated it. But this time she was perfect
She loved it! Yay! (ps do you see how she doesn't have any wrists? Love it! John says she looks like she is wearing a fat jacket)
We had fun at the beach and in the process of making sure Kiley was covered in sunscreen, John and I forgot to put some on ourselves and we are in severe pain and rubbing aloe on our backs every chance we get!

One scary thing though- right when we got there, all the lifeguards pulled everyone out of the water because they spotted a shark! I told my dad that is the first time out of all my days going to the beach that I have ever been swimming near a shark and he said- "that you know of! They used to not get everyone out of the water!" so that was kind of scary.
Saturday night some family came over and Kiley got to hang with her great grandma, so we had to get a photo!
She loved it! Yay! (ps do you see how she doesn't have any wrists? Love it! John says she looks like she is wearing a fat jacket)We had fun at the beach and in the process of making sure Kiley was covered in sunscreen, John and I forgot to put some on ourselves and we are in severe pain and rubbing aloe on our backs every chance we get!

One scary thing though- right when we got there, all the lifeguards pulled everyone out of the water because they spotted a shark! I told my dad that is the first time out of all my days going to the beach that I have ever been swimming near a shark and he said- "that you know of! They used to not get everyone out of the water!" so that was kind of scary.
Saturday night some family came over and Kiley got to hang with her great grandma, so we had to get a photo!




No comments:
Post a Comment