My mom came up on Wednesday night to take my mind off of things because I have been pretty cranky this week, mostly because I am just so dang uncomfortable, but there is also alot of stuff going on with my work and the whole maternity leave thing. It's a long story, but basically Human Resources didn't do their job and now I am being screwed out of disability benefits.
So because my mom was already here and because John has a final every day next week, I talked to my doctor about induction yesterday, even though I really didn't want to do it, but I am just so stressed with everything going on that it would be best to just have her. Well, apparently she is a stubborn little girl because when she checked my cervix, it hasn't changed in the past 3 weeks and her head wasn't even in my pelvis anymore! So my doctor said she was all for inducing me, but for the fact that my body wasn't even close to being ready, it would have been a long, painful process and my chances of ending up in a c-section were very high. So now I will just wait for her to come! I know that everything will work out, but it is just disappointing. If you know me, you know I hate to just sit around, but now that I am basically on forced maternity leave (my company won't let me come back to work) I am going crazy, but I also don't really want to leave the house because I am so big and uncomfortable! Plus I only get 12 weeks of leave, so sitting around the house with no baby is cutting into that time I will have with her after she is born. But oh well, no more complaining because it could be a whole lot worse! I am just so anxious and impatient!



4 comments:
Where is her head? She has not become breach has she? She will come hun! She can not stay in there forever! (C-sections are not that bad btw!! but better recovery if you can do it naturally I am sure!) If you want, you are more than welcome to come hang out with our babies...maybe they can talk her into coming out! But I understand that you are uncomfortable! Walk around a lot? Maybe that will get her ready.
No, She isn't breech, she just isn't engaged yet, so that is why I am not dilating or anything. But I know that things can happen really fast, so I am just trying to hang in there. I might take you up on that offer next week!
Oh Katie I'm so sorry that you're having a miserable time. But I'm so so excited for her to come and you to be a sweet lil' mama! Please have John sent out an email when she comes so that I don't miss it by not checking your blog daily (I know I can do the RSS thing...but I haven't figured it out yet!)
don't worry my love: She shall be here very soon! It is officially your "due date" as of 9 minutes ago! I can't imagine how you are feeling right now, but it will all be worth it in a few short days! Holla at me if you need anything.
Love you!
Post a Comment