Monday, September 8, 2008

Warning: This post contains complaints

I know pregnancy is wonderful and it is such an amazing thing that I was able to get pregnant because I know tons of other people have problems. That being said, these past 6 months have been some of the most challenging months of my life. I have been sick pretty much every day, all I want to do is lay in bed and watch tv, and I don't even know what "normal" feels like anymore. I know that alot of women are sicker than I have been, but it is just so uncomfortable. It is really hard to get through the day when I don't know when I will be nauseous again and where I will be at when it happens. The medicine has helped alot, but it only works most of the time and there are times when it just makes me feel worse.
To top it off, yesterday I was having cramps all day, so I had to just lay in bed all day because I was terrified that if I did anything, I would go into pre-term labor. Today I woke up and they were gone, only to be replaced with horrible hip pain!
I feel so awful to be complaining because I know she will totally be worth it when she is here and I will most likely forget every bad thing about this pregnancy after it is over. I just want to apologize to everyone for being so anti-social for the last 6 months. I just don't enjoy myself like I used to. I guess it is hormones? Thank goodness John isn't some party animal or he would have divorced me by now!
Only 3 more months!

4 comments:

The Miller Family said...

Yay for only 3 months left!

And you totally forget about all the pregnancy pains (and everything that that encompasses) after you see your precious little baby...that's why this time around I wrote in a journal towards the end all of the horrible things about pregnancy...that way the next time I start thinking it's baby time, I'll be able to look back and remember that it wasn't all sunshine and rainbows, lol!

I'm glad that the medicine gives you some relief, albeit a little.

Machelle said...

lol. Poor thing! And yes, you will forget all this stuff! The hip pain is horrible!! Once you look at her it will all be worth it, as you know!! Love you hun and I do not mind you being anti social but you do have to come over and meet Brooke sometime!!!

Kim said...

I love you Katie! :(

The Jefferies said...

Girl, 6 months of sickness affects anybody's mental health. I had horrible morning sickness til 22 weeks. Phenergan helped, but it made me sleepy and MEAN. There are a few OTC things that helped some of the time. One is Emetrol, available at wal-mart or target or some drug stores. Another is homeopathic remedies, which may sound odd but when you're sick enough... anything seems worth a shot. I found some that actually helped a good bit, and I was a hardcore case and couldn't work or go to school for a semester. Here's a link: http://www.hyperemesis.org/mothers/treatments/complementary-alternative/homeopathy.php

Also... for general discomfort: Baths with epsom salt and (sea salt if you are willing to splurge) are really good for aches and swelling/water retention. Use a scrub brush or loofah to scrub down a few times will get circulation going and help the epsom salts work better. I can't get through the week without them. They also help me when I get sick and have a fever; it always breaks. Hopefully you don't get those like I do!
Also, teas made for expectant mothers really help me with swelling, water retention, and feeling crappy. The Yogi brand tastes like peppermint. You can get stuff like that at publix or at newleaf market. They might make you sweat, but that's a good sign.
We don't really know each other, but I feel your pain! I am 30 weeks along and it has been a nightmare the entire time. Don't feel bad about being grumpy... you have it harder than most women. I am so sorry you still have morning sickness on top of everything! Anyway, I am in 3rd ward but we have visited my parents' ward a lot during my pregnancy so we are not well acquainted. I married Gene J, and know Alyse L and Patrick and other 5th warders. And I vaguely remember your husband from way back in the day when my family used to live in Tally. So I'm not a random stalker! Hope some of it helps.
-Rachel