So another week went by, another week still feeling sick. This past week was actually the worst that I have felt this whole time. Thankfully, today I feel TONS better for whatever reason. I have decided that the earlier I wake up, the worse I feel, which stinks because I have to be at work early. Oh well, hopefully today is the start of the new trend of feeling good!
On Saturday we went to see Get Smart and let me just say, I loved it. Sure, it was silly, but I have such a love for Steve Carrell that he could do no wrong. I only watched one or two episodes of the tv series and I don't really remember them, so I had no pre conceived notions for the movie, but it was really good and really entertaining.
Discovery Channel has been doing a 3 week long mini series event on the NASA missions on Sunday nights and I have been watching them off and on. The conclusion was on Sunday night and it was all about the shuttle missions, which is what I grew up around. Let me just say it was the craziest 2 hours of mixed emotions I have ever experienced watching tv! I know, call me a nerd, but when you grow up around this stuff and your family is pretty much determined by the successes or failures of the space program, it can be a little emotional. I felt proud that my dad has been working there ever since the first shuttle launch in 1981, which I didn't realize until I watched the show. They talked quite a bit about the Challenger explosion and I learned so much about that because I was only 4 months old when it happened. I cried and cried during that part. Then they talked about Columbia, and that hit home for me more so than Challenger. I was 17 and a junior in high school when Columbia happened and it was seriously on of the worst days of my life. My dad had to go immediately into work and didn't come home for awhile. He had to go to Texas to do the recovery of the remains, and I didn't know until I talked to my mom how much he was affected by it. He seriously never wanted to go back to work because he couldn't figure out why working on something so destructive would be beneficial. Luckily, he got over that and he is still working there, but it was such an eye opening thing to learn about this. And I have officially gone on for too long about this...
So in exactly 2 weeks I leave for Paris! I am excited and nervous. I am nervous becase I don't exactly trust my body these days and I don't know how I will react to being on a plane for so long and being in a foreign country with a different time zone for a week. But I need a vacation, so I am going to try as hard as I can and relax. Poor John has to house and dog sit fr his parents, who will be in Utah at the same time that I will be in Paris. He is not excited about it at all!
Here's to a good week everyone!
Highlights from April
4 years ago



1 comment:
Our family friend was the pilot of Columbia. That was a bad bad day for us as well. Rick's brother now lives in Houston to take care of his brothers wife and kids to be the male figure...just so sad.
Post a Comment