Sunday, May 4, 2008

The end of another week

So here I am, skipping out on church because I feel like I could throw up at any second, so I guess I will write in the blog about what I am about to do for the next 5 plus weeks. So I work as an environmental Scientist at Tetra Tech and the company has a multi-million dollar contract with the navy to do clean-up and remediation on various navy bases. The main ones that I have worked on are Panama City and Whiting Field in Milton, about 3 hours west of Tallahassee. Last year we did a huge amount of field work at Whiting Field and now we are about to do it again. The groundwater at Whiting Field is contaminated, but it has to be monitored every year to find patterns and to figure out the best way to get rid of the contamination. So it is my job, along with 3 co-workers, to go out and sample 81 monitoring wells, for 10 hours every day, monday-friday, for 5 weeks, or however long it takes us. Interesting, huh? So that's where I am heading tomorrow. I am not really looking forward to it because I don't know how my body is going to react to being outside for that long and I really really hope that I feel ok because I already get picked on alot because I am the only girl and I just hate it because I do as good a job, if not better, than the people I work with.

So after this week is done, I am rushing back to Tallahassee, then driving down to Orlando because my good friends Chris and Hannah are getting married on Saturday! Yay! It is going to be a crazy couple of weeks, but I am so excited for them!

And in some sad news, John and I are moving. We are staying in Tallahassee, but we are moving to another apartment really close to my work (seriously, I can walk to work in 5 minutes!) and it is going to be so much better when the baby comes because I will be so close to home when I am at work that I can go home anytime. Plus, we will only be like 10 minutes from John's parents in case we need their help, which is great! But this means we are changing wards, which is sad. Plus, I HATE moving, but I am glad we are.

Have a good week everyone!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Katie! I am sorry you are feeling poopy:P I vicariously live through morning sickness with you and Liz Roberts, and I feel so bad for bofe of yall:( I hope it's gone after the first trimester! You are such a trooper to be going out there for ten hours a day for 5 weeks-- way to prove yourself! Just showing the initiative that you are willing to proves yourself. Also, I am really excited for you that you get to move! That seems like it must be such a blessing! To be so close to work and the in-laws after the baby! yay! Good luck in Milton and I'll see ya Saturday!

Mrs. Blimes said...

Hi, I met you a couple times b/f. Found your blog thru a couple friends. Im Marquesas Blimes... just wanted to congratulate you on your wonderful news!!!