Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Another running post

So marathon training is still going!  I slacked a bit when we were at the beach, mostly because I didn't know where to run and the only way I could run was out and backs and I HATE doing out and backs.  I did run about 20 miles that week because I had to test out my new, awesome GPS watch that my dad surprised me with!  It is amazing!
http://www.fitsense.co.uk/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/forerunner110_hr_302.jpg [source]
Before the beach, I ran a half marathon around the neighborhood and I about died.  After we got back, I continued the training and ran another half marathon on Saturday and I am happy to say it wasn't that bad!

My iPod has decided it is going to bite the dust, though.  I just need it to hold on until August 1 when I can upgrade my phone to an iPhone.  There is no way I am running 14 miles this Saturday without anything to distract me!

2 comments:

Mrs. Blimes said...

SO funny, I am upgrading to an iphone on aug 1st too! Now if I could just find the motivation to become a rock star runner like you.

You should do a post on how to find motivation/time to train the way you do. I have the desire but just don't know how to make it happen!

Meagan @ Meagan Tells All said...

I agree with Marquesas! A post about how on earth you are motivated to run those LOOONG runs. I enjoy running, definitely not while pregnant, but I hope to get back into right after this babe is born! I wish Tallahassee had more races around to get involved with. I did a 5k awhile back, so now I would love to work towards a 10k!

(PS, found your blog!!)