Saturday, January 22, 2011

It's been awhile!

2011 started off with a bang for the Newman household!
John went back to work for a grand total of one week before we headed down to my parents house. Kiley and I stayed with them for 10 days while John went to Utah for Patrick's wedding (which I am so sad we missed!) John was on vacation for a week and got to go to Vegas with his friend! But don't be too sad for me because I didn't get to go! Instead, I got to do this:

Woohoo! Loved it! Unfortunately, after having Kiley I get SO motion sick, so the only ride I went on was the Harry Potter ride, even though I used to love me some roller coasters!

Thankfully, the flu waited to pounce on Kiley and me until after I went to Universal. The next day, Kiley had a 103 degree fever and just laid on the floor watching tv. The next day, I had a 102 fever (and I never get fevers!) and I was so sick. I couldn't even stand up without feeling like I was going to pass out. Kiley, however, was back to her old self! Thank goodness I was at my parent's house so that my mom could help me out. It just stunk that I couldn't do anything but lay on the couch the whole week I was on vacation.

So far, 2011 has been busy and exhausting! I just can't believe that January is already almost over (thank goodness because I think January is my absolute least favorite month!) I am so happy to be home and get back in to my everyday routine!

Oh, and tennis starts back on February 23! Can't wait!

1 comment:

Mrs. Blimes said...

Agreed. January is the lamest of the lame! So ready for spring! Glad you're feeling better!