Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Notes and Nonsense

I am down 22 pounds from how much I weighed at my first pre-natal appointment when I was pregnant with Kiley. Wahoo! I finally feel like I have my old body back, even though everything is all shaped differently. Oh well!
I have lost 12 pounds since quitting my job. That just goes to show you how much I was emotionally eating because I wanted to be home with Kiley so bad.

Every morning (except Wednesdays for tennis, and Sundays for church) at around 8, I load up Kiley in the jogging stroller and run anywhere from 3-5 miles. It is hard, especially up the hills, and Kiley is liking it less and less, but the results are worth it. I am running a 5k race this weekend and a 5 mile race the first Saturday in December.

This morning was the last tennis match of my season. I went 7-1 for the whole season! Not bad after taking 2 years off! I am still undecided about what to do next season (spring).

* * *
Kiley's new favorite thing is to yell "Help! Help!" as loud as she can. This is especially embarrassing at the grocery store when I try to pick her up to take her to the check out line. I get lots of weird glances.

She also likes to tell me when she is stuck. Take yesterday, for example. I was voting and I was holding her so she didn't run away. Our voting place was full of people and Kiley wanted to get down. She started yelling "Mommy! I stuck!!!" over and over again and there was nothing I could do. I was getting some angry stares, so I hurried up and jotted down my choices and we were out of there. She got an "I Voted" sticker and then proceeded to eat it in the car. Weird kid.

3 comments:

Brittany said...

You make me laugh! I know what you mean about the "daddy says yes" thing. And about the big rat. Well, I haven't seen one but I've seen poop. And even if there is a bug I scream and run until Alan gets it, or I use the trusty vacuum. But you can't vacuum a rat. Gross! And I can't imagine Aubrey yelling "HELP" everywhere. I can only imagine the strange looks of people thinking she's getting abused or kidnapped. Hopefully it isn't something that all kids go through, but thanks for the heads up! :)

Eric and Hayley said...

Guess what? I thought of your this morning as I got out of bed and put on my Herman THS Cross Country shirt. Yep, I still have it and it really is my favorite T-shirt. The perfect size, not too big or small and so comfy.

Thank you for your post about exercising. It is really motivating. I'm in a similar boat right now with wanting to lose the pregnancy weight. Mercedes is 9 months now and I'm the same size as a few weeks after having her, if not worse. I'm proud of you for committing to do something about your self esteem and hopefully I will follow your example!

Anonymous said...

Hayley, that is so funny about the shirt! I was actually just thinking about that shirt the other day!

It is so hard to loose the weight! It took me finally quitting work and staying home with her to shed it because I actually have the time to do it now! Good luck!