Friday, July 23, 2010

Stuck as a 20 year old

Does anyone else out there still think they are 20? Ok, I know I am not much older than that (I am turning 25 in less than 2 months-eek!) but I still feel like I am at least 5 years younger than I am (and that I look like that too-HA!)

Kiley and I are taking Mommy and Me swim classes, which basically consists of the teacher leading us in various songs as we splash around in the pool. Kiley hates it, but that is a story for another day. Anyways, the teacher is probably just out of high school, or just finished her first year of college. You can totally tell that she thinks that the whole idea of Mommy and Me swim classes are lame, but then again, if you asked 20 year old me, I probably would have thought the same thing.
Then I think, wait, I am 20, what am I doing in this class with an almost 2 year old? Maybe it is because I am NOT 20! Why the heck do I keep thinking that?

And then when we get out of the pool, I see some of the young male lifeguards and, as most girls do, I think, hmm...I wonder if they are looking at me (John, don't get mad, EVERYONE does this) and then I look down at my tankini barely covering my stretch marks, my faded, fringy towel, and oh yeah, the SCREAMING 2 year old and I realize, yup, they are probably looking at me, but it is because of the insanely loud little girl that I gave birth to.

So I gather all of my stuff, put on my "cool girl" sunglasses, and head out to my mommy car. I am NOT 20 anymore!

2 comments:

David and Kaitlyn said...

I love this post. I just read it aloud to three people. You are so random. This is EXACTLY how my brain works! Love it!

Kim said...

I love this post too! It's so funny...I was just thinking the same thing the tother day...how weird is it that we're not 18-20 anymore? I had the specific thought that I still feel like I am the random age of 23...I even thought about doing a blog post about it! ha! GREAT minds think alike! If it's any consolation, if I were a young male lifeguard, I'd TOTALLY be checking you out. Just sayin... ;D