Friday, July 17, 2009

100 posts! Woo!

So I am a creature of habit. It has its perks and downsides. For example, I am always on time and I am a crazy obsessed planner. The bad part is when things don't go according to plan- like yesterday.
Yesterday wasn't even bad, I just get all out of whack when my routine is messed up.
-Usually my weekdays go somewhat like this:
-get to work at 6:30
-leave work at 2:30 to allow John time to go to his class
-feed Kiley
-round up Kiley in the stroller and take Zoe on a walk
-put Kiley down for a nap.
-While Kiley is napping, turn on exercise tv and do a crazy hard workout (seriously, Jillian Michaels is a BEAST)
-Clean up until Kiley wakes up
-Feed Kiley her dinner after she wakes up (she eats at around 5)
-Start dinner and hope John gets home early because making dinner with a crawling baby who tries to pull Zoe's hair while Zoe barks at her is KINDA annoying
-Eat dinner
-Bathe Kiley
-Bathe myself
-Try to put Kiley down for the night
-catch some shows on the boob tube while I try to relax
Whew! Exciting, I know!

But yesterday I knew it would be different when I got home from work and Kiley was ALREADY SLEEPING! AACK!
John had to head to class, but luckily, our friend Ben was over, so I talked him into staying with sleeping Kiley while I ran Zoe on a quick walk (I mean literally ran because it was about to start storming) then when I got back Kiley was stirring, so I feed her and boing! She was up! Oh man, what do I do now? How will I get my ever important workout in! She was acting tired again, since she only slept for about 20 minutes, so I put her back down and hoped she would take her standard hour nap. I go to turn on on demand, and I guess since it was raining droplets, Comcast decided to not work. I tried to remember some of the moves from the workouts, but I just couldn't motivate myself. Then the thunder started. Well, Kiley unfortunately takes after me in the light sleeper category so she was up again. Once the thunder stopped it was 4:30 and she fell back asleep until 5:30, way past her normal waking time. Now everything is messed up! John had to feed her while I cooked dinner and since he doesn't normally feed her, there was a mess because John likes to laugh at Kiley while she makes funny faces at the things she eats and then Kiley laughs and food is everywhere.
So finally things settle down, Kiley is bathed, I am bathed, time to relax. Wrong! Chris and Hannah come over so Chris and John can discuss their papers for their online class and Kiley is quite the entertainer, so she stayed up with them. This little one hates to sleep! Finally, after a good nursing session at 10:30, she hits the sack (oh, and don't worry because she DID NOT sleep through the night, but that is, in fact, part of our nightly routine, so I was ok with it (;). Whew! What a day!

I know this is not very earth-shattering, but to me, this was a day of confusion.
I guess that is just the life of a mom!

No comments: