Sunday, May 31, 2009

It's been a long time coming

I can't even express to you how excited I am that the Orlando Magic won last night! They are now Eastern Conference Champions and they advance to the NBA finals versus the Lakers. For those of you who don't know, I started going to Magic games with my dad when I was 10. It was our father/daughter tradition. I don't think my dad liked the games too much, but he enjoyed taking me. We would go to several games a season and I would make sure to watch all the games that I couldn't go to on tv. I was such a weirdo that even the ones that went past me bedtime, I would listen to the AM station on my radio in my room to see how the game would end!
When I moved to Tallahassee, the games weren't televised at all and I got busy, so I stopped being so crazy about the team. I would check in every now and then, but this year they suprised everyone by winning in the playoffs! I can't think of a better team for this to happen to. They don't have huge egos like a lot of the other NBA teams (like the Lakers) and they just play their hearts out. I am so proud of them and hope they beat the Lakers to be NBA Champions!

No comments: