Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

This weekend we met my parents halfway in Jacksonville where my sister lives. It has been awhile since I spent Mother's Day with my mom, so we figured this would be a good solution. Plus, I am not quite brave enough to drive 5 hours to Titusville with Kiley who has decided to hate being in the car for more than 30 minutes. She had an adventurous weekend, full of many firsts.
Here she is in the car, ready to rock and roll!



When we got to Jacksonville, we went to the Babies R Us right next to my sister's house and WOW! I am so glad we do not have on of those her because I would spend so much money there! It was a little overwhelming to be in a store full of baby stuff. My parents are so great! They bought me this:



An awesome jogging stroller for Mother's Day! Now I have no excuse! Kiley just loves to be outside, so this is a way for me to still be with her when I want to go running after a long day at work. I am so excited! It has a pedometer/timer on the handle and a place to plug your ipod into and it plays music over the speakers instead of you putting headphones on so you can hear your baby. I am so excited to try it!
We were so tired and hot after shopping that we decided to head back to the hotel to get into the pool. Kiley has only put her feet into the pool, but she just loved splashing around with grandpa!




After that, we headed over to a family friend's house to meet her little boy, Saxman, who was born in October. At first, Kiley was really shy, but Saxman tried to hold her hand from the get go and he was a little too aggressive, but Kiley soon felt comfortable. They were too cute! We caught their "first kiss" on camera:



This morning we decided to head to the beach real quick before we hit the road. It was so hot! Kiley didn't like the beach too much, but we think it is just because she was so tired that she just couldn't handle it. We are excited to take her to the beach more this summer and hopefully she gets used to it!



So it was a great weekend and a great first Mother's day for me! John was so nice today and put together my stroller and bathed the dog (she spent the weekend at John's parents with their dog and she was GROSS!) and did all the dishes and just let me hang out with Kiley.
Happy Mother's day to all you other moms out there!

3 comments:

Kim said...

that is so exciting you got that AWESOME tricked-out jogging stroller! Holla at shelly and bob! I'm glad you had such a fun weekend:)

Kalena said...

I looove that stroller! It's neat how your Ipod plugs into it. I was always worried about not being able to hear Riker.

Happy First Mother's Day!

Karley said...

Happy belated Mother's Day, Katie! I'm glad you got such an amazing gift. That stroller is awesome!